MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE OF UKRAINE

On the roads: 6
Under treatmen: 17

ship-handling-enhandling-railway-transport-enge-procurement-uspa-ene-procurement-ocsp-en

Investment

resolution-eng

anti-corruption-eng

comment-eng

procurement-eng

monitor-eng

70,52 МгЦ областное радио

Find us on

 

n-an-an-an-a

archival-photos-eng

Authorization

Moles and harbours

Potapovsky mole

Potapovsky mole designed by Von-der-Fleece was built in 1844-50 to protect the port against storms and sediment. It is connected with Androsovsky Mole almost at the right angle. Potapovsky Mole initially made of wood was named after the contractor, merchant S. Potapov. The head of the mole with the end of Military (Practical) Mole form a narrow entrance to the Practical Harbor.

Before the reconstruction in 1850-65 designed by Gartley the mole had the following sizes: length – 281.6 m, width – less than 6 m. After completion of the reconstruction in 1877 the timber construction of the mole was reveted with the stone and a stone quay was built. Its width was extended to 36.3 m. The berth line before the First World War was 245.4 m. At the beginning of XX century on the mole there was resin casting, warehouses, Catherine marina. The internal part of the mole started accepting small sailing boats and cabotage vessels. Now the ships of Border Service of Ukraine are at the mole.

 

In case of transmission of the mole from the Border Service to the port, the Development Plan of the port includes the construction of the container terminal with the capacity of 300 thousand TEU per year on the berths No. 31-34.

 

O.Sevostyanova

 

 

IMG 1326