MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE OF UKRAINE

On the roads: 5
Under treatmen: 16

virusship-handling-enhandling-railway-transport-enge-procurement-uspa-en

Investment

resolution-eng

anti-corruption-eng

comment-eng

procurement-eng

monitor-eng

70,52 МгЦ областное радио

Find us on

 

n-an-an-an-a

Authorization

archival-photos-eng

Moles and harbours

Oil Harbor, Oil Mole

Oil Harbor, Oil Mole. The history of the Oil harbor started at Oil Mole (1885-1895), the length is 1144 m with the adjoined spur 151 m long and quay 456 m long and depth 7.3 m. it became the northern border of the port of Odesa. Originally, oil products arrived in packaging. In 1899 under the agreement between the city and “Russkiy Standard” oil pipeline with two pump stations.

In 1901 Oil Mole was connected with the railway spur which allowed discharging 1000 t per day and loading 6 railway tanks simultaneously. According to the data 0f 1909 during 20 years Oil Harbor on average accepted 90.2 thousand tons of oil products annually (500 t per day). For the period of the Civil War, Foreign Intervention and the Great Patriotic War Oil Harbor was seriously damaged. It was reconstructed for several times. In 1998 Ballast Waters Treatment Station was reconstructed. The quality of purification was aligned to the world’s standards – 0.05 mg/l. In 2001 the terminal for liquefied gas handling with the tank battery for 6000 m3 3 km from Oil Harbor was put into operation.

 

Now, Oil Harbor has 1 auxiliary and 6 universal (each one with its own specialization) berths. The total throughput capacity is 25.5 mln t per year, the total length of the berth is 790 running meter and depth is 4.8 – 14.0 m.  The total area of the mole is 9.7 ha. All the berths are well equipped and meet the world’s environmental and safety standards.

 

O.Sevostyanova

 

N0072-07