MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE OF UKRAINE

On the roads: 14
Under treatmen: 20

ship-handling-enhandling-railway-transport-enge-procurement-uspa-ene-procurement-ocsp-en

Investment

resolution-eng

anti-corruption-eng

comment-eng

procurement-eng

monitor-eng

70,52 МгЦ областное радио

Find us on

 

n-an-an-an-a

archival-photos-eng

Authorization

Moles and harbours

NEW HARBOUR

New Harbour was created by Platonovsky and New moles as well as by the New quay. Its modern projected dimensions are: length – 420 m, width – 440 m, depth – 11.5 m. the harbor was formed at the first stage of the port’s reconstruction (1866-92) designed by Gartley and got it named after New Mole.

 

By the early XX century the area was 22.0 ha and maximum depth – 9.15 m and berth line 1090 m. Before the First World War the harbor belonged to two departments of the port: Foreign and Cabotage (the whole New Mole).

After the Great Patriotic War in 1944-50 the harbor war reconstructed. On the right side of the mole destroyed quay was replaced by the new with metal wall. Its berths were designed to accept big ocean vessels on future passenger terminal. The Old Breakwater was also restored.

 

Since 1952 the harbor started handling coal which was transmitted to Illichevsk port in 1985. In 1961 a new four-storey warehouse was built on New harbor.

 

In 70 – early 80s the harbor handled import and export general cargoes to Vietnam, India, grain in bulk (import), served passenger vessels up to 1991. Nowadays, berths No. 12, 13 has been operating by the stevedoring company “Novolog”, berth No. 14 is operated by “Ukrainian National Stevedoring Company”, berths No. 15, 16 accept passenger terminal, the berth No. 17 belongs to marina.

 

O.Sevostyanova

 

 

Новая гавань с воздуха