MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE OF UKRAINE

On the roads: 14
Under treatmen: 20

ship-handling-enhandling-railway-transport-enge-procurement-uspa-ene-procurement-ocsp-en

Investment

resolution-eng

anti-corruption-eng

comment-eng

procurement-eng

monitor-eng

70,52 МгЦ областное радио

Find us on

 

n-an-an-an-a

archival-photos-eng

Authorization

Moles and harbours

CABOTAGE HARBOUR

Cabotage harbor was formed by New, Military and Cabotage quays. It was built in 1890 – 1905. As well as New Harbour it was formed due to New Mole, created according to the port’s reconstruction plan designed by K. Gartley. For some period of time it didn’t have any name and later it was called Coal harbor. The modern name appeared by the beginning of the First World War. At that time the harbor belonged to the Cabotage Department of the port.

Four berths of the main part and western part of New Mole was given to the Russian Insurance and Transport Community which provided with the regular steam cruises to Batumi. Besides, at the root of the mole one berth with the warehouse was operated by the North Shipping Community. Three berths of Cabotage Quay specialized mainly in coal handling and its all territory was occupied by the coal warehouses.

 

Besides, the small area of the quay was allocated for anchorage of the ship following to Akkerman (now Belgorod-Dnestrovsky).

After the Great Patriotic War on the berth No. 21 of Cabotage quay the Cold Port was built. Since 1952 on the berths of the harbor coal was handled. 

 

By early 90s the specialization of the berths was following: berths No. 18, 19, 20 – passenger fleet, berth No. 21 – cargoes of the Cold Store was handled, berths No, 22-23 – food stuff export/import.

 

Military Mole is operated by the stevedoring company “Novotech-terminal”, New Mole – passenger terminal of the port.

 

The modern dimensions of the harbor: maximum length – 400 m, maximum width – 340 m, depth – 9.75 m.

 

O.N. Sevostyanova

 

DSC 1624