MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE OF UKRAINE

On the roads: 14
Under treatmen: 20

ship-handling-enhandling-railway-transport-enge-procurement-uspa-ene-procurement-ocsp-en

Investment

resolution-eng

anti-corruption-eng

comment-eng

procurement-eng

monitor-eng

70,52 МгЦ областное радио

Find us on

 

n-an-an-an-a

archival-photos-eng

Authorization

Moles and harbours

PRACTICAL HARBOUR

Practical Harbour (former Merchant) was formed by Androsovsky, Potapovsky and Military moles as well as by the Arbuznaya quay. The name is connected with the fact that at the beginning of its construction all world’s ports that accepted vessels from the south-east countries had a division into practical part where ships coming from sanitary safe countries and quarantine for the ships coming from sanitary dangerous countries or vessels having sick people on board.

The construction started in 1800. In 1828 the extension of the harbor was planned and in 30s of XIX the works on equipping of the harbor were deployed.

 

In 1868 after completion of construction the water area of Practical Harbour used by cabotage trade reached 40 thousand m.


At the beginning of XX century the part of Arbuznaya quay, the whole Androsovsky Mole and partly Potapovsky were used by sailing boats, barges and occasional vessels coming with lumber and salt (delivered from Evpatoria).

 

Nowadays, at the harbor there are vessels on sludge.

zaglavnayamapkmm